In order to contribute to the development of children with an illness or disorder, the Fondation Gisèle Faubert Inc. has donated more than $ 1,000,000 since September 1999 in family support. This help was distributed throughout the province of Quebec, but mostly spread across the 11 towns of the MRC de Roussillon. Despite the addition of a second mission in October 2016, the Foundation’s mandate is to continue to promote financial assistance to families of sick children. This support to the community is an essential service to offer to the population.
The Foundation provides financial assistance to families with a child with a disease or disorder. This financial assistance must be directly related to the illness or disorder, for example: the cost of travel for medical appointments, a suitable tricycle, hippotherapy, speech therapy, respite, etc.
REQUEST FOR HELP FROM FAMILIES
When the request comes from the family directly, the following application criteria must be met:
- The child must be under 18 years old;
- the notice of assessment, including the family income, must be sent to the Foundation;
- proof of diagnosis concerning the child’s illness or disorder must be sent to the Foundation;
- a letter containing the application and the amount to be disbursed must be sent to the Foundation.
REQUEST FOR HELP FROM A SOCIAL WORKER
When the request comes from a social worker, a letter attesting the above criteria is sufficient, along with the notice of assessment.
USEFUL INFORMATION REGARDING FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
- The foundation evaluates all the cases, one by one, since each case is particular;
- the foundation has not determined a maximum or minimum fixed amount and the decision regarding the amount awarded is based on family income and needs;
- the financial assistance ca be provided in all the specific ways; during the hospitalization, appointments, and several requests can be issued for the same child;
- the amount is allocated for the current year only. A new application must be issued each year.
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE REQUESTS
Person in charge : Mrs. Audrey Chartier
Email : email@example.com
Fax : 450 691-3530
Mailing address : CP 29 Mercier, Head Office Branch, Mercier, Quebec, J6R 2K6